Sunday, April 12, 2009

How can it be Easter???

Okay, will someone tell me how in the heck it's been a month since I posted? I swear it was last week! Anyway, I have a couple more pics to post, but I figure I should give you all a little text this time too!

I'm still heavily into fundraising and training for the Breast Cancer 3 Day. I love it--okay, maybe not the fundraising, but I do enjoy organizing events and talking to people. I just don't enjoy the pressure to raise X amt of money by a certain date. I've raised 1480 so far and have another 600 promised plus one last family member who is giving an undetermined amt! :) So, I really am almost there. I probably don't know where about $120 is coming from so that is awesome.

The training on the other hand is so much fun. I know you all are wondering what bodysnatcher has taken me over because the Khristy you know does not like heat, dirt, or bugs, and all of those are found in abundance outside in Texas where we are doing all our training! I still don't like heat, dirt, and bugs, and I may get a bit less chipper as the full weight of a Texas summer rains down on my head....HOWEVER, at the moment, it's fantastic, and what I've realized is it's because we're training as a team. 7.5 miles goes by really fast when you have someone to talk to, but trust yourself, it is the walk that will NOT end. I love exercising and gabbing with my teammates, watching the kids play, etc. It's truly a fun time! Now be nice when I'm complaining about the 105 degree days in July/August!

What else? Cate's started horseback riding lessons. She adores it, and according to her teacher, she's doing really well. I'm waiting for the inevitable "I want my own horse" campaign. No worries on that score, says the mom who won't even let her kids have a dog right now.

JD's been sick for the last 4 days, but I think he's on the mend now. It was suggested that he had the rotovirus since that fit the symptoms. Whatever he had, he was miserable--on and off low-grade fever, diarrhea, not fun. He did not eat--and I mean not a bite that I saw--from Wednesday night until Saturday night. He finally ate some mac & cheese Sat night. Thankfully, he drank the whole time so he never got dehydrated. He just felt terrible, poor guy. But he seemed a lot closer to his old self today, hallelujah, even if he has lost a few pounds.

Quinn is Quinn. He's got a headful of hair that's looking redder every day, and he's finally talking more where people can understand him. He's learned to get out of his crib, which bites, but he doesn't do it TOO much. We'll probably put him in a real bed in a room with JD this summer. Oh joy.

Well, I guess that's it from here. I'll try to be a better blogger; I admit FB has taken me over somewhat, and I forget about my blog!! Oh, and I have some beautiful bluebonnet pictures coming--just have to get them downloaded off my camera!